In case you missed the Parent Meeting….here is an outline of what was discussed.
FORMS HANDED OUT–>
2018 CROSS COUNTRY PARENT MEETING (MAY 14th 2018)
- Introduce Myself, and other Coaches & Ensure All athletes and Parents have signed in
- Discuss Summer Track (Greater Texas Track Club) **Separate Handout
- How I heard of them and who they are
- Why we are doing this?
- Cost- $30/month = $90 for the whole summer
- Includes- uniform, more individualized training, communication with another coach Ryan McSpadden via email/phone, opportunity to race 1-2 times this summer & in indoor season
- REPLACING OUR SUMMER CAMP THIS YEAR- We will travel around 4-5 trips to Dallas this summer to train and hangout as a team. (days WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATE MAY/EARLY JUNE)
- Sign Up After the meeting for ANY RUNNER 7-12
- Summer Workout Schedule (WILL BE emailed as well as given a hard copy)
- Training Plans will be given out Week of MAY 21st
- WHEN YOU GET THEM, THEY ARE TO A DEGREE SPECIFC FOR YOU!! HOWEVER, THEY ALL COORESPOND WITH EACHOTHER….MOSTLY IT IS DEPENDING ON LEVEL AND FOCUS.
- WE WILL MEET THROUGHOUT THE SUMMER (DAYS WILL BE POSED AT THE FIRST OF JUNE) USUALLY IT IS FOR WHOEVER IS IN TOWN AND AROUND 3-4 DAYS A WEEK.
- Core is attached & weights & FLEXABLITY DRILLS (we will be putting great emphasis on this this year)
- YOU WILL BE INCHARGE OF KEEPING UP WITH YOUR OWN MILES.
- Pool we will do once a week (Barlows, hunnicutt, PT) .
- Group trips to Dallas (need help carpooling)
- Group messages are also a way we communicate in the summer, make sure you are on one!! Also, to help when you need a ride!!
***change this summer*** Greater Texas Track Club Team
- Info Page (Handout)
- Why we make you fill it all out INFO SHEET
- TEAM THINGS
- Shirts- Shirts will be same as last year if you need another one, please sign up via online BY AUG 13th (Parents will be CHANGING THE GREY 1500 club shirt color of grey.
- MILE CLUB SHIRTS (really for anyone)
- Events – Back to school get together
- IMPORTANT DATES/THINGS TO KNOW AND FUNDRAISERS
- McAlisters Fundraiser (May 29th) 5-10pm (Why we fundraise)
- Newks Fundraiser (May 16th)
- Working Hot Air Balloon “Kid Fun Zone” Blow ups ( ____________________________)
- Signups (Food at meets, waters at meets, breakfast help, exc)
- Make sure you on the group messages & check Runthepack.org regularly (can even sign up for updates when I post on here)
- Keep your team ACCOUNTABLE in running this summer!!!
INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL YEAR
- Explain How CC works in JH (two practices per week to be allowed to attend meets)
- Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday & Thursdays **MAKE AT LEAST TWO A WEEK
- And how it works with overlapping sports, THEY COME ON DAYS THEY DO NOT HAVE GAMES.
- Explain How CC works in HS (attend MIN three practices a week to be allowed to attend meets)
- Varsity MUST attend ALL mornings UNLESS you have told Coach Alford Beforehand
- Must attend 90% to stay on varsity.
- JV needs to attend at least TWO a week to go to meets / IF you are doing CC to stay in shape for a sport workouts will be tailored à If you quit you will not be allowed to go to your next sport until the last race.
- EXPLAIN PRACTICE FOR SCHOOL YEAR **there is a change**
- 6:00AM @SHED (start around 6:15am) M/TU/W
4:30PM @SHED Thursday OR TBA **6th graders can attend this day
- We meet in the “SHED” next to the JH boys field house, UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE
- generally: Monday & Wed are distance days / Tues & Thurs are workout days
- Will go from 6:15- 7:30am Mon-Wednesday mornings & 4:30pm – 6:00pm Thursday ((If they are in athletics that is when we will do CORE/WEIGHTS/FLEXABILTY DRILLS))
- We will provide Breakfast for the kids afterwards (There will be a sign up to help with that)
- Kids will all be given a locker in the locker rooms to get ready if needed. (If they are not in athletics, they just need to tell a coach to get one)
- Kids are asked to wear bright clothes, we have vest for them, and if they would like to bring flashlights they can.
- Practices are posted as a reminder EVERY SUNDAY on runthepack.org to help keep everyone on the same page
- Schedule for the season
- Go over it **not set in stone**
- Sign up for snacks and waters explain
- Explain meets what they look like
- Team End of Year Dinner TBA before district we will do as a group!
- Any Questions?