The season is creeping up on us very quick!!! So as we will begin getting into harder workouts, I want to share with you some information about rehabbing information for your body, specifically your legs!
REHAB AFTER A HARD WORKOUT
- Warm Down Properly: The minimum warm down acceptable is 1 mile/walk or jog off and on for 5-10 min. Prefereed after a hard workout or race is 2 miles/easy jog 10 min.
- Drain Legs: By putting them up on the wall at a 45 degree angle. Maintain Position for 15-30 minutes.
- ICE BATH: Recommended within a couple of hours after finishing the hard run. If ice bath IS NOT AVAILABLE A COLD IMMERSION LIKE a outdoor pool will have cold temperature water. Ice Bath temperature is recommended as 45-550 degrees. Immersion up past your waist for a minimum time of 10 minutes Not to exceed 15 minutes.
- SMOOTHIE or HIGH CARB MEAL: Preferably within 30 minutes not to exceed 60 minutes post workout.
- MASSAGE: Leg massage for 10-15 minutes a leg. Gentle but firm, ankle to your butt. One direction only seems to work well. BUT if you have a good massage therapist who knows whats best allow them to do their job.
- SLEEP: The best sleep is a solid 9 hours uninterrupted sleep. If this is not possible then 8 hours.